22 April 2009

Less than 1 month to go...

So, here I am, still in the states with less than 1 month to go. Am I excited you ask...the answer would be an emphatic "of course! I'm going to an island in the South Pacific, what's not to be excited about?!" Of course I will miss all of my family and friends, but I have this feeling that people may be a bit more interested in visiting me in Fiji than they were about visiting Bolivia...for the life of me I still can't figure out why ;) Anyways, this is my new blog for Fiji, and I will do my best to keep it updated (although we all know how that goes). 

So basically, I hear that there will be 33 people total in my group going to Fiji. Fiji only gets 1 input a year, where Bolivia got 3, so there will be less total volunteers in the country. The basic plan is that I leave Monday, May 18th and fly out to LA where we will all go to a hotel and have an "orientation" session. Then Tuesday night, May 19th, we all head to Fiji to arrive Thursday in Fiji (where did Wednesday go you ask - lost to the international dateline!) Anyways, then I do training (all over again - this time for the Integrated Environmental Resource Management Program) for like 3 months, then my 2 years of service (let's hope everything goes according to plan this time!). I'll probably be doing something similar to what I did in Bolivia but with more focus on the environment...but I won't really know what it is until I get there and get into training a little bit. 

So that is essentially what I know at this point. Fiji here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment